Saturday, June 14, 2008

New to the blogging world

OK I admit it. I am probably the only 30+ gal around that hasn't started at least one blog.

A little introduction.

I am a homeschooling mom of 3 boys. We model our education around the 7 keys given in "A Thomas Jefferson Education" by Dr. Oliver DeMille. I hear myself chant "Inspire Not Require....Inspire Not Require....You not Them...You not Them....." as I try to encourage my boys with their love of learning. Oh it is SO much easier to tell them to do 10 pages of this and write that 7 times. But I have learned, that when the WANT to learn something enough, with the right enviroment, not only do they learn so much faster--but they retain it as well.
My DH is currently working on his undergraduate degree. He works full time also, so that I can stay home with the munchkins. Our 12th anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks. Love you hun!
We are very involved in church. We are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. ---aka ...we're Mormons. DH is a sunday school teacher and I serve in the Primary. Speaking of which..I really need to work on my sharing time for Sunday.

No comments: