Sunday, June 28, 2009
For starters, I came across a thought today while preparing for my Sharing time next week. I was reading Sofia's blog and this is what she said: The bible dictionary says, "Prayer is a form of work, and is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings." Wow. Talk about something that I need to study more.
So a few ramblings...its LONG so don't give up on me!
One morning I came out of my room and wouldn't you know it. Ben got a hold of a ball of yarn. Well. Yeah. It was everywhere in the house. I had to cut my way through the mess just to get him to stop! Oh what a laugh he has when he is running from his mom and he knows he can get away from her! After much trepidation, he sorta helped me clean it up. Ugh..what a nightmare!
Fathers Day- the boys made a poster for their dad. It was like a candy gram...well sorta..ok not really. We purchased a dozen or so treats and looked up cordinating scriptures to go with each one.--ie..."bit 'o honey" went with a scripture with the words "land of milk and honey" in it. The rule was, he couldn't eat the candy that he didn't find the cordinating scripture. They had a lot of fun making it and Cory was a great sport in solving it. It was a great laugh!! They also did the ABC's of why they love dad. Some of them were..... Q-QUEASY after you eat all of your candy; Y- YEILDING to whatever mom says; F-FUN; O-outside fun. It was GREAT! The boys were searching the dictionary to find words that would fit and words that Cory would have to look up. ( Everyone ask LUKE what ZANEY means!!..lol..) We also spoke in Sacrament Meeting. It was nice to talk about my wonderful dad. LOVE YOU DAD!--I'll email you the talk..lol..
Picking Figs--we went to a friends hous that she graciously let us pick figs ans plums to our hearts content. The trees were HUGE and of course the boys felt that the best figs were at the TOP of the trees
and making fig bars!! MMMMmmmmm yummmmy! If you ever have a sweet tooth combined with a feeling to BASH something..fig bars are for you! Simply peel two or three figs. Place them in a sandwich bag--the kind that folds shut. Neatly fold over the flap of the bag. Then SMASH the figs and shape them into bars about the size of a candy bar. Then place them in the freezer. The kids LOVE them. A very easy yummy treat for the summer. :-)
Opening Night!--Cosette and Luke have had a blast doing Willy Wonka together! In the next few days I will post more pictures of this SUPER SHOW!
Mark turned 5 months! He is a rolling fool!
Father's Day was also Cory and my wedding anniversary. We were married June 21, 1996 in the Manti Temple. Like...FOREVER ago! :-p I love you sweety! Each year get better than the last. Thank you for helping me grow and learn. You're the BEST!
Yeah I'm still yapping..
Gov. Mark Sanford you disgust me. I'm reminded of when you called for Pres. Clinton to resign because of " "moral legitimacy." (thanks for that one Beck, btw I love the haircut!)I'm sure he is one of the few people happy to see Michael Jackson pass away because it has stolen the limelight away from his sorry little cheating passport! People say, well, it has nothing to do with his policies and issues! WHAT?! Are you kidding?! His politico self wasn't voted into office but his ENTIRE self was voted into office. Its like trying to take God out of the public school system...sure did good things didn't it! Besides that..if you are going to be a conservative, then you must realize that conservatives are mostly Judeao-Christian. Those are the people that will vote for you and support you, so if you don't represent THEM, then you WILL NOT get their votes next time round.Ok I was going to continue my rant by starting in on Michael Jackson. I'll say it quickly. I am so SAD that he has been chosen to represent the greatness that has come out of my generation. He did accomplish great things in the music industry. Media, please let the man rest. Let his family and children grieve. How sad is it to be followed around your entire life and when you are dead, there is live coverage of the body being taken away for an autopsy. I'll just say, (since no one is reading now anyway..lol..) I loved his music, I danced to it more than I can count. His was the first boy picture I had on my wall..lol..BUT he did not define my generation on greatness. I believe that great things will come out of my generation and my childrens generation. Greater than being a Pop God anyway.
Ok just one more...today I found out that one of my Young Women is getting married in August!! Congratulations Amanda!! What is FREAKING me out is that I was her leader when she was a BEHIVE! Its one of those "I feel old" moments.
K I'll stop now..lol..
Have a great day! :-)
Thursday, June 18, 2009
I am Janet Contreras, a concerned, home-grown American citizen. I am 53, and I have been a registered Democrat all of my adult life. Before the last Presidential election, I registered Republican because I no longer feel the Democratic Party represents my views or works to pursue issues important to me. I now no longer feel the Republican Party represents my views or works to pursue issues important to me. The fact is I no longer feel any political party or representative in Washington represents my views or works to pursue issues important to me.
There must be someone, please tell me who you are. Please stand up and tell me you are there and are willing to fight for our Constitution as it was written. Please do it now.
You might ask yourselves what my views and issues are that I would feel so horribly disenfranchised by both major political parties. What kind of nut job am I? Will you please tell me? These are briefly my views and issues for which I seek representation:
* Illegal Immigration—I want you to stop coddling illegal immigrants and secure our borders. Close the underground tunnels. Stop the violence and trafficking in drugs and people. No amnesty, not again. Been there, done that, no resolution. P.S. I am not a racist. This not to be confused with legal immigration.
* TARP Bill—I want it repealed and no further funding supplied to it. We told you “NO!” but you did it anyway. I want the remaining unfunded 95% repealed. Freeze! Repeal!
* Czars—I want the circumvention of our checks and balances stopped immediately. Fire the Czars. No more Czars. Government officials answer to the process not the President. Stop trampling on our Constitution and honor it.
* Cap & Trade—the debate on global warming is NOT over, there IS more to say.
* Universal Health Care—I will not be rushed into another expensive decision. Don’t you dare pass this in the middle of the night and then go on break. Slow down!
* Growing Government Control—I want states rights and sovereignty fully restored. I want less government in my life, not more. Shrink it down. Please mind your own business; you have enough to do with your REAL obligations. Let’s start there.
* ACORN—I do not want ACORN or its affiliates in charge of our 2010 census. I want them investigated. I also do not want mandatory escrow fees contributed to them on every real estate deal that closes. Stop all funding to ACORN and its affiliates pending impartial audit and investigation. I do not trust them with the taking of the census or with taxpayer money. Face up to the allegations against them and get it resolved before the taxpayers get any further involved with them. It walks like a duck and talks like a duck—hello… stop protecting political buddies. You work for the people. Investigate.
* Redistribution of Wealth—No. If I work for it, it is mine. I have always worked for people with more money than I have because they gave me jobs. That is the only redistribution of wealth I support. I never got a job from a poor person. Why do want me to hate my employers? What do your have against shareholders making a profit?
* Charitable Contributions—although I never got a job from a poor person, I have helped many in need. Charity belongs in our local communities where we know our needs best and can use local talent and resources. Butt out, please. We want to do this ourselves.
* Corporate Bail Outs—knock it off! Sink or swim like the rest of us. If there are hard times ahead, we will be better off just getting to it and letting the strong survive. Quick and painful, like ripping off a band aid. We will pull together. Great things happen in America under great hardship. Give us a chance to innovate. We cannot disappoint you more than you have disappointed us.
* Transparency and Accountability—how about it? No really, let’s have it. Let’s say we give the “buzz” words a rest and have some straight, honest talk. Please stop trying to manipulate and appease me with cleaver wording. I am not the idiot you obviously take me for. Stop sneaking around meeting in back rooms making deals with your friends. It will only be a prelude to your criminal investigation. Stop hiding things from me.
* Unprecedented Quick Spending—stop it, now. Take a breath. Listen to “The People.”
Let’s just slow down and get some more input from some “non-politicians” on the subject. Stop making everything an emergency. Stop speed reading our bills into law.
I am not an activist. I am not a community organizer. Nor am I a terrorist, a militant nor a violent person. I am a mother and grandmother. I am a working woman. I am busy, busy, busy and tired, tired, tired. I thought we elected competent people to take care of the business of government so that we could work, raise our families, pay our bills, have a little recreation, complain about taxes, endure our hardships, pursue our personal goals, cut our lawns and wash our cars on weekends, and be responsible, contributing members of society and teach our children to be the same, all the while living in the home of the free and land of the brave.
I entrusted you with upholding our Constitution and believed in the checks and balances to keep you from getting too far off course. What happened? You are very far off course. Do you really think that I find humor in hiring a speed reader to unintelligibly ramble through a bill you signed into law without knowing what it contained? I do not! It is a mockery of the responsibility I have entrusted to you. It is a slap in the face! I am not laughing—the arrogance!
Why is it that I feel as if you would not trust me to make a single decision about my own life and how I would live it, but you expect that I should trust you with the debt that you have laid on all of us and our children? We did not want that TARP bill. We said “NO!” We would repeal it if we could. I am not sure that we still cannot. There is such urgency and recklessness in all the recent spending. From my perspective, it seems that you have all gone insane.
I also know that I am far from alone in these feelings. Do you honestly feel that your current pursuits have merit to patriotic Americans? We want it to stop. We want to put the brakes on everything that is being rushed by us and forced upon us. We want our voice back!
You have forced us to put our lives on hold to straighten out the mess you are making. We will have to give up our vacations, our time spent with our children, any relaxation time we may have had and money we cannot afford to spend on you to bring our concerns to Washington.
Friday, June 5, 2009
Last night I stayed up until the wee hours, not with the baby-no he was long asleep, but getting ready for the grocery trip this morning. I love going in the morning when Albertsons is nearly empty. I felt sorry for the 3 customers that ended up right behind me. By the time they were in line, we were halfway through my transaction so I just couldn't stop. I love to let the other customers go in front of me, cause I KNOW its got to be frustrating to be right behind me with my bazillion coupons. But shopping wise, I think I did ok!
Some of the spoils...
6 boxes granola bars 1.00
6 shells and cheese .75
4 country time lemonade 1.00
6 crystal light 1.30
6 boxes planters granola bars .75
5 taco shells .50
6 packages deli shaved meat 1.30
4 bayer quick release FREE :-)
2 heads of lettuce
carrots .75 a pound
3 spinach salad --she marked them down to $1 while we were shopping ! woo!
5 packages of 2 fruit a day drinks (regular $4 but she marked them to $1 while were there!)
2 more bbq sauce FREE :-)
3 bags of string cheese 2.50
4 packages of sliced cheese .75
10 lunchables .70
plus some more
However I only paid $85.46--doing the happy grocery dance!
We then headed over to Lins and bought 10 pounds of hamburger for $15, a case of cream of chicken soup at .50 a can, and a case of tuna at .57 a can.
My side note of the day is a a WAY TO GO LUKE! He tried out for the local summer musical for the youth. They are doing Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. He was so excited to get the part of Mr. Buckly.--Charlie's dad. He has been listening to the soundtrack on repeat lately..ugh. Ya know that Obama song from my previous post?..well that song is in it! Each time I hear the song, I don't hear "the candy man" instead I hear "Obama Man"! It could even drive this conservative insane!