Friday, June 5, 2009

Yet more groceries...and



Last night I stayed up until the wee hours, not with the baby-no he was long asleep, but getting ready for the grocery trip this morning. I love going in the morning when Albertsons is nearly empty. I felt sorry for the 3 customers that ended up right behind me. By the time they were in line, we were halfway through my transaction so I just couldn't stop. I love to let the other customers go in front of me, cause I KNOW its got to be frustrating to be right behind me with my bazillion coupons. But shopping wise, I think I did ok!

Some of the spoils...
6 boxes granola bars 1.00
6 shells and cheese .75
4 country time lemonade 1.00
6 crystal light 1.30
6 boxes planters granola bars .75
5 taco shells .50
6 packages deli shaved meat 1.30
4 bayer quick release FREE :-)
grapes
2 heads of lettuce
carrots .75 a pound
3 spinach salad --she marked them down to $1 while we were shopping ! woo!
5 packages of 2 fruit a day drinks (regular $4 but she marked them to $1 while were there!)
2 more bbq sauce FREE :-)
3 bags of string cheese 2.50
4 packages of sliced cheese .75
10 lunchables .70
plus some more

Total: $317.50

However I only paid $85.46--doing the happy grocery dance!

We then headed over to Lins and bought 10 pounds of hamburger for $15, a case of cream of chicken soup at .50 a can, and a case of tuna at .57 a can.

My side note of the day is a a WAY TO GO LUKE! He tried out for the local summer musical for the youth. They are doing Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. He was so excited to get the part of Mr. Buckly.--Charlie's dad. He has been listening to the soundtrack on repeat lately..ugh. Ya know that Obama song from my previous post?..well that song is in it! Each time I hear the song, I don't hear "the candy man" instead I hear "Obama Man"! It could even drive this conservative insane!

7 comments:

Jeannetta said...

ROFLOL! We did Willy Wonka last summer at Drama Camp, and if I had known the "Obama Man" song then, I would have been insane!!
Congratulations to Mr. Bucket, that's so exciting!
I'm impressed with your grocery shopping. I never use coupons, they tend to make me buy stuff I wouldn't normally buy.
Have you ever read "The Tightwad Gazette"? I need to read it again and get back into practice!

Bonita said...

I have read the Tightwad Gazette and got a lot of ideas from it. She is why I have a clothes line!
I agree somewhat with the coupons, and at first I was really bad at buying things I didn't need (who needs 10 bottles of spray salad dressing anyway!--even if it is free!) But everything I purchased today will be used within 3 months. We spend about the same as we did before, but now my pantry is stuffed full. And I'd rather pay $4 for four canisters of lemonade now than $3 each when I need them during the summer.

Nate and Sum said...

Way to go Bonita! I'm super impressed.

Unknown said...

OM GOODNESS, this post makes me so sick! I just went shopping at Albertsons and walked out with a cart full to the brim but I spent 197.00 no coupons, but I did choose sale items and 1.00 deals. EKKK, I really NEED someone to help me out, hold my hand and walk me through it step by step! WAY TO GO Bonita, THAT IS AWESOME!

Jeannetta said...

You just need to come here and teach me how to stay on task then! lol

Shan Reid said...

You are the true grocery guru... way to go!

Brandon, Jen, and Braxton said...

That's awesome! I've been doing the whole coupon/sales thing but arizona doesn't ever have any good sales like they do up in idaho and utah. That's one reason I can't wait to go back.