Sunday, June 28, 2009

Catch up

Lately life has seemed to be crazy busy! I have wanted to blog it all, but I just haven't had the time--I chose sleep! So here are a few catch up moments from the last few weeks.

For starters, I came across a thought today while preparing for my Sharing time next week. I was reading Sofia's blog and this is what she said: The bible dictionary says, "Prayer is a form of work, and is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings." Wow. Talk about something that I need to study more.

So a few ramblings...its LONG so don't give up on me!

One morning I came out of my room and wouldn't you know it. Ben got a hold of a ball of yarn. Well. Yeah. It was everywhere in the house. I had to cut my way through the mess just to get him to stop! Oh what a laugh he has when he is running from his mom and he knows he can get away from her! After much trepidation, he sorta helped me clean it up. Ugh..what a nightmare!

Fathers Day- the boys made a poster for their dad. It was like a candy gram...well sorta..ok not really. We purchased a dozen or so treats and looked up cordinating scriptures to go with each one.--ie..."bit 'o honey" went with a scripture with the words "land of milk and honey" in it. The rule was, he couldn't eat the candy that he didn't find the cordinating scripture. They had a lot of fun making it and Cory was a great sport in solving it. It was a great laugh!! They also did the ABC's of why they love dad. Some of them were..... Q-QUEASY after you eat all of your candy; Y- YEILDING to whatever mom says; F-FUN; O-outside fun. It was GREAT! The boys were searching the dictionary to find words that would fit and words that Cory would have to look up. ( Everyone ask LUKE what ZANEY means!!..lol..) We also spoke in Sacrament Meeting. It was nice to talk about my wonderful dad. LOVE YOU DAD!--I'll email you the talk..lol..



Picking Figs--we went to a friends hous that she graciously let us pick figs ans plums to our hearts content. The trees were HUGE and of course the boys felt that the best figs were at the TOP of the trees
and making fig bars!! MMMMmmmmm yummmmy! If you ever have a sweet tooth combined with a feeling to BASH something..fig bars are for you! Simply peel two or three figs. Place them in a sandwich bag--the kind that folds shut. Neatly fold over the flap of the bag. Then SMASH the figs and shape them into bars about the size of a candy bar. Then place them in the freezer. The kids LOVE them. A very easy yummy treat for the summer. :-)




Opening Night!--Cosette and Luke have had a blast doing Willy Wonka together! In the next few days I will post more pictures of this SUPER SHOW!

Mark turned 5 months! He is a rolling fool!

Father's Day was also Cory and my wedding anniversary. We were married June 21, 1996 in the Manti Temple. Like...FOREVER ago! :-p I love you sweety! Each year get better than the last. Thank you for helping me grow and learn. You're the BEST!

Yeah I'm still yapping..
Gov. Mark Sanford you disgust me. I'm reminded of when you called for Pres. Clinton to resign because of " "moral legitimacy." (thanks for that one Beck, btw I love the haircut!)I'm sure he is one of the few people happy to see Michael Jackson pass away because it has stolen the limelight away from his sorry little cheating passport! People say, well, it has nothing to do with his policies and issues! WHAT?! Are you kidding?! His politico self wasn't voted into office but his ENTIRE self was voted into office. Its like trying to take God out of the public school system...sure did good things didn't it! Besides that..if you are going to be a conservative, then you must realize that conservatives are mostly Judeao-Christian. Those are the people that will vote for you and support you, so if you don't represent THEM, then you WILL NOT get their votes next time round.Ok I was going to continue my rant by starting in on Michael Jackson. I'll say it quickly. I am so SAD that he has been chosen to represent the greatness that has come out of my generation. He did accomplish great things in the music industry. Media, please let the man rest. Let his family and children grieve. How sad is it to be followed around your entire life and when you are dead, there is live coverage of the body being taken away for an autopsy. I'll just say, (since no one is reading now anyway..lol..) I loved his music, I danced to it more than I can count. His was the first boy picture I had on my wall..lol..BUT he did not define my generation on greatness. I believe that great things will come out of my generation and my childrens generation. Greater than being a Pop God anyway.

Ok just one more...today I found out that one of my Young Women is getting married in August!! Congratulations Amanda!! What is FREAKING me out is that I was her leader when she was a BEHIVE! Its one of those "I feel old" moments.
K I'll stop now..lol..
Have a great day! :-)

6 comments:

keri said...

Things are busy at your house but it sounds like a good busy. I love your Father's Day Ideas. Super cute. Just let me know when you want to order potatoes and chicken. My order for the lotion keeps going up, hope that is okay. 12 is the total now. Only if you make it. Thanks.

Jeannetta said...

Love the yarn thing, only we did it on purpose--birthday gift found at the other end. It went outside, around the house, in the house. Great fun. I can see finding it out of place would be not so fun!lol Dang, did I just laugh at that :D
Great rant on Sanford and MJ. I have been pondering them both as well, but I think you covered it :)
Our anniversary is the 19th of June only in 1981,which also finds it's way to Father's Day. Happy Anniversary.

Shane and Brandi said...

I don't even know where to begin on my comment. Yes you are old, but so am I.lol I agree Micheal Jackson is not the person who should define our generation. I feel horrible that things didn't work out for me to see Luke and Cozy's play. I think we should keep Ben and Brynlee apart or we could have a huge problem. I think I caught everything. Thanks for the treats. You know my style.

Shane and Brandi said...

See I forgot. Happy Anniversary you two love birds!

katydid said...

Happy anniversary... late, but surely heart-felt.
Love your babbling. :) You'd think you were surrounded by kids all day without a way to express your thoughts. I have so been there. Heck, I'm there on a daily basis!
Love ya sis!

Becky Seymour said...

that yarn was so funny and really creative! Happy anniversary! I wish I could have seen Willy Wonka, darn it. I liked your long post, it wasn't long at alL!