Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Whew! What a day!


Yesterday my sis-in-law took myself and my mother in law out. She was able to acquire tickets to see Les Miserables out at Touacon. Everyone knows that I am a Les Miserable NUT! The book and musical is so moving. When I read the complete book last year it was life altering! It really put me in my place with how judgmental I had been in my life. Fantine became who she was because of the circumstances forced upon her, and she did everything she could to provide for Cosette without bending her morals....but when it came down to it and there were no other choices, she chose to take care of her daughter. It was very eye opening to me. It made me think twice at all of those times when mothers work or what their professions are--I would have these horrible thought of...well if she wanted to be home with her kids she could find a way. To all of those mom's that I was so incredibly rude in thought to I am so sorry! There were so many powerful lessons like that in Les Mis...I think that is why the book struck me so much. I want to read it again now and write down all of those things that change me. Anyone want to join me?????


Today Luke graduated from cub scouts. His AWESOME Cub Master had a fun pack night tonight filled with lots of water for this 108* day. Brandi you're the best!!





Ok...for pure fun/horror...Cory, for one of his classes, did a debate about homeschooling--I bet you can guess what side..lol.. To my HORROR he put our prom picture up from 15 years ago! Displayed on a HUGE screen in his powerpoint presentation! So hun...since we're getting rid of all humility now...so its not the prom picture..that one is to horrible (my hair was as tall as he was!)--oh so sad..this one is homecoming just before his mission. This isn't the "real" picture from the dance..just the one that was taken at his house before we left. The "real" one is way better..lol..

4 comments:

keri said...

I found your blog. WOOHOO. Congrats to luke on his award.

Shane and Brandi said...

Thanks for the PICTURE! You think you could have taken one that didn't make me look like I was 6 months pregnant. j/k I love the homecoming picture. You do realize that it dates you by saying the name of the song. Not that I'm any younger.

Kendra said...

Looking forward to seeing some science day pics! How fun to go to Les Miserables!

Michelle said...

So sad I can't find the pics of Brandi totally soaked. bummer.