Thursday, November 6, 2008

Groceries....and glitter boy

Its been a while since I did a really good grocery trip...the sales the last few weeks have been..well..lacking. However, they made up for it this week. And so did I come to think of it..lol..
We bought:
20 bottles of ALL detergent
10 cake mixes
10 cans of frosting
24 boxes of Betty Crocker potatoes
20 Swave deodorant...(a lifetime supply...if you get one for christmas don't be offended!)
22 cans of Progresso soup
20 jars of peanut butter
11 bottles of Dove shampoo/conditioner
way to much cereal
some tic tacs
more hamburger helper
a bunch of cookie mix


We spent $258, but our savings amount with sales and coupons was $499.48...plus I still have a coupon for $30 off my next shopping trip. Not bad for one day's work. Now I need to make it all fit in my cupboards...hhmmmmm.









On a side note..the other day while I was cleaning up a dozen eggs that Ben had thrown all over my kitchen, somewhere he found a bottle of glitter that I didn't know we owned. He had fun sprinkling it all over the living room floor. It only took seconds to accomplish, but we are STILL finding glitter on things.

3 comments:

keri said...

great job. I just went today and got great deals as well.

Becky Seymour said...

i am so jealous of your savings. i am too lazy to be that good. you wear me out! Hey, email me what you did on sunday for sharing time, so I don't do the same thing. Thanks again for that. i think you were inspired to call me, I was at the end of my rope!

Shane and Brandi said...

Great! I love a good deal!