Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Time for camping!

We recently took our first camping adventure as a family. The boys go so much more with their scout group, so it was nice to have the family all together in nature.


Luke is in that be tree right next to Cory's head....somewhere. I could see him when I took the picture, but I don't see him now. The arrow is pointing to him, you may need a magnifying glass to actually see him.






Yes its a picture of me..Ben was on camera duty. I love camping! Being in nature rejuvenates me and I love it! Next time that we go camping I want to be further away from everyone else. We had to be much to friendly with everyone.


Mark was OBSESSED with getting into the van. He wanted to open the doors and climb inside his own little playpen. It drove Cory NUTS!



The boys got some good time on their blow dart guns. No worries, the squirrels were quite safe.


Luke was sawing wood...a lot...it was good for him. Even if we ended up leaving a lot of the wood there for the next camper.


James was STOKED about carving up some wood. We started a nice large stick to make into a large spoon for our 5 gallon cooler.


We tried to make cookies in a solar oven but it wasn't sunny enough. We ended up cooking them over the fire..they were....ashy.


And James is awesome.

Love being with my family.

2 comments:

Paulette said...

So fun!!

Sanders Clan said...

Yay for camping! I love it too! I love the fact that nature can make me feel at peace and I can feel the Savior when I am away from all the chaos! Awesome camping pics! :)