Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I LOVE SHOES!

As you know, I have been unable to wear  MY OWN shoes for the past 3 months. All I have been allowed to wear is the big, black boots that were prescribed by my doctor. Apparently, shoe designers were not involved in the process of making these boots attractive and comfortable. If you know a shoe designer, please make them aware of this huge market that is available.

These boots were not enjoyable (granted, they were much more enjoyable then when I was stuck in a wheelchair) and more fashionable, comfortable boots would be greatly appreciated!!
 
 The doctor has finally given me the green light to start wearing shoes. When the date came to finally put on the shoes. I honestly thought that the transition would be easier. I didn't expect how weak my ankles and feet would feel. After all, I have been walking now for a month and I thought that I had made a lot of progress. Ok I'm sure I've made a lot of progress, but it became apparent very quickly that I was not ready for THESE babies. They were fun to look at though.

No. No cute shoes yet. I guess I still need the ultra-supportive-secure-those-ankles-shoes. They look like these. My feel are still so swollen that I can't even fit my feet into regular shoes yet! But hey, its not the boots!!!

So now I am wearing the shoes a few hours of the day while my ankles get stronger. Each day I am able to wear the shoes a little longer.

 Although, I am very slow when I walk and my ankles feel like they could roll at any time. It is so nice to be in shoes that don't feel like cement blocks.  Even if they aren't the cutest shoes out there.




1 comment:

Sheri said...

A historic day to say the least! If you ever do get in those high heels...you better take me wherever you are going...cause it would have to be someplace fancy! Love you friend :)