Saturday, March 30, 2013

Mom's peach cobbler

  When I was younger, my mom would make this peach cobbler on special occasions. It is one of my all time favorite desserts.

It was my turn to make the treat for Family Home Evening last week and it took me a while to find my special cookbook with THE recipe in it.

I decided to blog it so that I never have to stress over finding the recipe.

Melt one stick of butter in a 9x13 pan.

Mix 2 c. flour, 1 1/2c. sugar, 1 TBS baking powder, and 1 1/2 c. milk together. Then pour it right over the butter. Don't mix it in. Just pour it on and leave it alone.
Pour one quart of peaches right on top of the batter. Juice and all! Don't mix it in, just leave it be.

Cook at 350* for about an hour or until the top is crusty brown.

Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream. Either is very good!


No comments: