Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Nativity

 I love the scene of the nativity. I have several displayed on my piano. We even have one made out of blocks that the kids play with. The only live nativities that I have seen were played out in our living room when I was young.But other then that I have not scene a live nativity.
When a friend of mine asked us to participate in a live nativity in front of 2000 people...I said why not! It was an amazing experience.

Myself, along with Mark, Ben and James, played the parts of shepherds. Luke was a Roman soldier, and Cory was one of the three wise men. I loved thinking about the lives of the different characters. We were shepherds! The poorest of the poor..our clothes were much more ragged looking then the townsmen who were paying taxes. (Did the shepherds pay taxes??)  But the shepherds were also the first ones to be told about the baby and the first ones to see the baby Jesus.  How neat is that!
The soldier!
A shepherd married a king! It could happen!!
Mark and Mathew...photo bombed by Ben.
My fellow shepherds. They did so good!! Ben especially loved the spotlight on stage.
Here is Luke in character. He had to scamper up that ladder pretty quick when he was given his cue.
The shepherds grand entrance!!
Mark and Mathew...photo bombed by Ben.

A lovely evening!


No comments: