Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Yeah Luke!


Luke entered a contest in the local paper. It was an essay about "What you love about living in the Hurricane Valley" Luke worked for days on his essay, hey typed every letter! He even passed up a chance to go hang with his knight friends to work on it.--Yeah he must get that from his Dad! He didn't win but he did recieve an honorable mention.Way to go bud!

Here is his essay:

There are so many things to do in the Hurricane valley, I love them all!! First, we live by a beautiful place-Zion. There are so many things to do there. You can feed buffalo, moose, and goats.

Or, let’s go camping. Just find a good camp sight and enjoy the outdoors! Then there are the rock stores. There are so many rocks. My favorite rock store is in LaVerkin. It is my favorite because it was my first one I went to.

Ok, back to Hurricane. They have great stores! When you go to Ace you can play chess and get free buttered popcorn!! The best thing in Hurricane is the library. The library is full of books like fantasy and adventure. I love Magic Tree house books!!! And Boxcar Children. The library does really fun stuff like the preschool reading program and the summer reading program!! It fun because you learn a new thing every week!

It is summer and the pool is the great place to be. Splash! Splash! Then there is Snowcap. Now, that is a cool place! My favorite snow cone is Tiger’s Blood.

Now I did not forget the high school! Just a couple weeks ago they did a play called Music Man and I was in it!!! I loved being in it because it was my first play and I learned new songs and dances!

Grab a bike and ride it (you now how to ride right?) to the BMX park It has the perfect hills and roads. So get on your bike and ride it around the park!

You can also get in the car and take a long car ride to the mountain. Imagine being you’re in the mountains and it’s nice and quiet. The kids are playing in the rocks and trees. Now pretend you’re home and kids are crying about chores. What would you like more? Think about it. (A lot).

The best thing I love about living Hurricane valley is that my ancestors, like Charles Henry Oliphant (my great great great grandpa) and Lucinda Abigail Judd help settle the area in 1851. Now to me that is great.

2 comments:

keri said...

great job Luke.

Shane and Brandi said...

Good Job Luke! I love this place too!