Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Book of Mormon Challenge

Our Stake leaders have challenged our youth to read the Book of Mormon in its entirety in the first 100 days of the year.--That's about April 10th I believe. Luke is all fired up about it and asked me to read it with him. Since this is the first of the year, (and my scripture study really needs a kick in the pants) I told him I would. So far we are on top of it....of course we're only 6 days in..lol.. I remember when Pres. Hinckley challenged the church to read the Book of Mormon in four months, so this challenge is a few days shorter. I am very excited to really focus my reading. The last few months I have been reading a lot, but it has been a lot of Shakespeare and political stuff that I have been reading. Sadly, my scripture study has not been as enthusiastic as I wish it was...I am sure this will jump start it.

Who else is going to do this with me?!?!? I need some people to help keep tabs on me and others that I can pester also. :-)

ANYONE????

7 comments:

Shane and Brandi said...

I told Shaylee the same thing. So count me in. Although I think I might already be a little behind. I wish I would have gotten one of those book marks the kids got.

Bonita said...

Brandi,
The facebook page has a copy of it. I'll send you an invite. :-D

Unknown said...

WELL WELL Bonita... GLAD you have my back! I added "Safety Pins" to my post... my bad I am not a seamstress, nor do I sew.... but I think people got my point! NOT SURE WHAT THE tomAtoe thing was all about???? sorry! P.S. if I was to correct every typo or mistake one made or makes on their blog posts.. I would be one tired girl. Again, thanks for having my back. ;) Also that orgnization post talked about going to my labels on the side and clicking organization is key to see before pics. of my once upon a time junk drawers. ;)

Unknown said...

see I had a typo... "Organization"

Unknown said...

OHHH' GOTCHA Tom-A-toe tomatoe! Just caught on... ha! remember babysteps on organizing!

Kendra said...

I'm in!!!!

Jeannetta said...

Oh good luck! We did the Hinckley challenge after President Hinckley died, I think it was 96 (?) days, and while it IS a challenge, it is also DOABLE!
As for bookmarks, do a google search, that's how we found ours.