Tuesday, April 6, 2010

shameless plug...

For the last month I have been directing a play for my Shakespeare Conquest class. These 20 kids ages 12-14 have been studying Shakespeare since August when the class started. It is a class offered through the Washington County Commonwealth . I have been one of the two mentors for the class this last year and I am so amazed at the greatness of the scholars that I have been able to witness. Only a few of the kids had taken the class before and were familiar with Shakespeare, for the rest of them it has been their first exposer to Shakespeare. For our "final" this semester, we are performing "The Comedy of Errors." It is one of Shakespeare's first plays and it is one of my favorite. No betrayal, no murders, and a happy ending!! Luke is the part of Dromio of Syracuse and he is having so much fun.

We are doing the play as pirates and I want to invite everyone to come!! It is only $2 a person or $12 a family. Performances are April 14, 15, 16 at 7:00 pm with a matinee on Friday at 2pm. So, come dressed as a pirate and set sail with us!!



This scene is so hilarious! Luke is suppose to jump on the chair..and well...missed...to funny!!

Anyway, if anyone would like tickets, just ask!! Luke will probably be asking you anyway..lol..

No comments: