Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Filling up the cupboards again!

So I have been a big time slacker and not doing the sales and coupons like I did for so long. I know I'm suck a slacker! But I was a little burned out with cutting and shopping with four boys trotting after me. It really was wearing me out. Then the other day Cory exclaimed that our house was looking a little sparse on the groceries. The cupboards weren't bare, but they would be soon! He asked if I had been spending less on groceries, and no I haven't. I have been using the same budget but just buying what I needed when I needed it. I really didn't think it would make that much of a difference, but it looks like it did. So, yesterday I prepped and then I took James with me at the crack of dawn to go exploring in the grocery stores. James was great! He carried all my groceries while I ran around.
Here are a few of the savings.....
7 packages of pamper diaper wipes .57 each
10 goldfish packages $1 each
6 packages-24 rolls of toilet paper in each $3 each
12 bottles of barbecue sauce at .60 each
12 packages of denteen gum .27 each
4 boxes of planter granola bars $1.25 each

lots of cereal
lots of crackers
lots of chips
I didn't purchase any perishables since I love getting my Bountiful Basket and that provides almost all the fresh I need. This was a stock the pantry shopping trip! Which it did nicely. :-)




Before sales and coupons: $500
Amount of sales and coupon discounts: $336.95
Total out of pocket: $162

Sadly, in all of James's exuberance, he lost our ziplock bag full of misc. coupons. So if anyone finds it, treat them nicely. There were some nice coupons in it that deserve to be treated nicely!

3 comments:

keri said...

way to go Bonita. I have slacked off on the coupon shopping as well and need to get back to it.

Nate and Sum said...

Way to go Bonita!
Thanks again for all your help with "whipping up a flag." Everyone was way impressed!

Shane and Brandi said...

That is awesome! I need motivation to jump back on the wagon of coupons. Thanks. Looking at your pictures helps.