Saturday, November 27, 2010

Picture of the day

Mark LOVES his binki. LOVES them. I think we may need to do an inervention soon though because one binki doesn't seem to be enough anymore. Now he has to have a binki in his mouth AND one in his hand as well. If he spies a third binki in the course of the day, he becomes obsessed with that one too. For a while I was confiscating them and putting them on my dresser--trying the whole out of sight out of mind. Well, one day he saw them. He REALLY wanted them. So much ,that he ended up dumping out my garbage can in my room to be able to turn over the can, stand on it, and grab the plethora of binkis taking refuge on the dresser.
Before we knew it, he had three shoved in his mouth and one in his hand. With a little help from Cory, he was able to enjoy-for the first time-four binkis in his mouth at the SAME time.

I know I know...so exciting..

Mark will be 2 in January, so he really does not need a binki anymore and I DREAD the day we decide to wean him off of it. But he's my baby, and I think I am trying to keep him my little baby as long as possible. I love my Mark!

5 comments:

Shane and Brandi said...

Just let him grow up and have another baby! LOL

Brandon, Jen, and Braxton said...

HaHa! I love it! Brax used to do that with 2 but i've never seen 4. So Cute!

Jeannetta said...

THAT is hysterical! He'll give it up eventually, no worries :D

Echolaylee said...

So funny! Kids are hilarious! They make us feel old and help us stay young all at once!

Sheri said...

Hold on until Christmas...then tell him Santa will take his binkies and leave him big boy toys! Worked for us with the easter bunny...we left the binkies in the basket and the next morning...candy was there instead!