Friday, February 11, 2011

Hiking in Zion in the winter

I should be packing for our upcoming trip to Salt Lake City..but I'm not. I am distracting myself once again. Woo hoo! But give me some credit, I'm blogging instead of reading that book over there that is SCREAMING my name. :-D

I LOVE living near Zion National Park. It is one of the most beautiful places that I have ever been. Recently we went for a small hike up to Emerald Pool to get the boys' wiggles out. The weather has been beautiful and in the upper 50's..a lovely time to go for a hike. However I forget that Zion gets very little sunshine in the wintertime. Because of the high mountains, it is mostly in the shade (especially where we were!). In the summer at Zion has a lot of shade as well, but it sure doesn't seem as cold.

James with the icicles.-They were huge!!



Ben wanted to make sure we were looking for lizards...didn't see any. I wonder where they are...hhhmm.... PERHAPS SOMEPLACE WARM!

Ben really did say "I'm king of the world!!!"...which everyone knows is true.

Mark had fun too, even if he was stuck in a stroller for most of it.

Ok I really have to go pack now....after I read a couple more chapters..hee hee hee...
Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Shan Reid said...

Awesome! You're making me homesick for southern Utah... love that trail! Read a couple of chapters for me!

Shane and Brandi said...

I love hiking in Zions, but I have to wait for it to warm up some more. I am a whimp when it comes to the cold. LOL