Monday, July 16, 2012

Painting Chairs

 For years I have dreamed about a super nice (cough*expensive*cough) dining room set. I have decided to put that fantasy aside and really love what I have. What I did have was a bunch of mismatched wooded chairs painted black. I really liked them black at first, but they became my first victims.

Over the past few months I have been painting my black chairs. I know, seems random. But it is something that I can do without a lot of pressure on me feet-which has been pretty essential.  I have had so much fun painting them. 

This was the first chair. We call it the "Watermelon chair." I will probably redo some of it.
The Sun Chair. I started with the sun in the middle of the seat. I loved mixing the blues to get it from dark blue at the bottom to the light blue at the top.
The Star Wars Chair. This has been the best incentive to get the boys to the table. Why sit on a flower chair if you can have THE Star Wars chair. There are several scenes from the movies all over the sides and legs. It was crazy to paint. Each of the light sabers are after the design of a specific Jedi (the boys can tell you exactly who).


My favorite, the Flower chair.

On each of the chairs I have something slightly hidden. The watermelon chair has the boys' name and birth year scrolled in it. The flower chair has our family scripture on it. the sun chair has one of my favorite scriptures on it. The star wars chair you will have to figure it out for yourself. :)
I still have several to paint and I am on the lookout for cheap, ugly wooden chairs. If you find any, send them my way!

2 comments:

Betsy Fox said...

You are an ARTEEST! I am so impressed-- so unique! What a treasure for your family.

Jeannetta said...

Those are AWESOME! Well done!

Thanks for your sweet comments over at my place <3