Friday, September 21, 2012

Farewell Tim!!!

There are signs in your life when you think...hhmm...I'm feeling old right now. This past week I was able to experience such a moment.


Melissa and her four kids at the time.
My sister in law, Melissa, is one of my favorite people. She has been a single mom for most of the time she has been a mom. She has 6 amazing kids.  I. Love. Her. Kids. I think I favor them so much because early in our marriage we lived in their basement when the kids were all under the age of 5. We also lived in Seattle at the same time and I was able to help babysit them.  They are super smart and the most respectful kids I ever knew. As a mom, I have really tried to raise my kids as well as Melissa has hers. Even now that her kids are growing up and moving on, they seem to be a tight bunch. Their lives have gone in different directions, but they always seem to have each others back.
Christian, Tim, Luke playing in the sand. I think in '04.
Luke, Christian and Tim. They look so young!
Her oldest boy, Tim, left for his LDS mission this week. He will be serving the people of Seoul, Korea for the next 2 years. He is fine young man who will be an honorable missionary.

This is why I feel old. I remember when Tim was born. Cory and I were dating and Cory was preparing for his mission. ( I met Cory the weekend that his older sister, Heather, was born. But I don't count that one since I really didn't know them.)  I love my in-laws and feel very blessed to have them part of my family.
Grandpa Sutton, Tim and Grandma Sutton. Tim does look like a head grew out of his shoulder though..hhmm.. 

Conner, Tim and Christian. Brothers.  It will be four years before another picture like this can be taken since Christian will leave for his mission before Tim comes home.

Luke with Tim. Tim has frequently encouraged Luke to take the missionary prep classes and Luke has always looked forward to seeing him there.  Thank goodness I still have four years left before Luke is old enough for his mission!
Tim has grown up to be a great example to my boys. Tim was always so kind and patient with them.  After the car accident, Tim came over a couple of times and hung out with them. It was just what they needed.

I'm super excited for Tim's new adventure. Go Tim!

No comments: