Sunday, January 4, 2009

Dinner today

OK for dinner today we were completely unhealthy. But my kids and hubby love this recipe so every blue moon or so we have Fried Bean Burritos. Its so easy that if it wasn't so completely unhealthy we'd have it more often.

Mix one can of chili with one can of refried beans. Add about a cup of shredded cheese and a little salsa or hot sauce, depending on what your family likes. You could add peppers and onions if you prefer also.

So you take a large spoon full and place it in the center of a flour tortilla shell and wrap it up like a burrito. Then, get ready, you fry it in a pan of hot oil until nice and crispy. Serve it with sour cream, salsa, and the taco works. Then be prepared to diet all week long. It makes about 6 burritos. On the bright side, my blood sugar was only 121 after I ate ONE. Well under the 140 that I am to stay under. But I can feel my arteries hardening as I type.

But the family loves it!! :-)

2 comments:

keri said...

I told chris about this and he thinks it sounds yummy thanks for the recipe

Shane and Brandi said...

I think it sounds sooo good! Of course you don't tell me about it until the day I start my diet. Thanks I will have to use it on one of my free days!