Thursday, January 29, 2009

What a day!!!



So, yesterday started as a pretty usual day. With the due date still over a week away I thought I was pretty safe to say that the baby wasn't coming. Well....here is how the day went.

We had Knights of Freedom and had a wonderful time! We had a World War II vet come and talk about his experiences in the war. His wife also came and spoke-she lived in England during the raids there. It was very fascinating. We had a great time. The boys asked many questions and I was so impressed with the thought they were putting into their questions. We have awesome knights!

Right after knights we flew into town to meet with my dietitian. She says everything is great and to not worry about coming back! SWEET! Cause I'm SO sick of pricking my finger every four hours.

We dash to the hospital to pre-register..ya know...just in case. Then we scurry over to Cory's school to pick him up so we can go to the OB. Yippee Skippy. The boys did have fun while we waited.

We have a BLAST at Dr. Lundt's office (that's sarcasm if anyone missed it and there will be NO pictures from his office!!) He informs me that I'm dilated to a 4+ and that he would be surprised if I didn't have the baby in the next few days. Great I'm thinking, since I hadn't packed a bag yet.

We go home and I proceed to try to prepare for class. I was having a hard time focusing since I felt a little crampy. But, I love my class and I really really really wanted to go to see what all the hullabaloo Emily was going to argue over. (It was "open mike" night and she had something controversial to talk about....pure entertainment! I love a good argument!)

However, while I'm talking to Cheryl on the phone at about 5, I have a very hard contraction. So much so that I gave the phone to Cory. I laid down, took a hot bath, and the contractions were still coming. We then went to Luke's court of honour . Yeah..it was a LONG hour to say the least. Every 7 minutes I was feeling very uncomfortable.

Finally Cory convinced me to go be checked at the hospital. And lo and behold....Mark was born at 3:51 AM. He's cutie!!

Mark Indiana Sutton
8 lbs 0oz
20 inches
All is well and healthy

Mark is the name of one of Cory's missionary companions while he was serving in Indiana.

So here I sit in the hospital on Cory's laptop...it looks like I'll come home tomorrow.

Happy Day!!

7 comments:

katydid said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to love on that little guy.
PS: Of course it's like you to have a million things done in one day including have a baby! You're super woman.

keri said...

Oh my gosh. I was just thinking of you today wondering how you were doing. Congrats I am so happy for you guys.

Shane and Brandi said...

I find it always happens to those of us who don't have our bags packed ready to go. Congrats! I would have skipped the Elder's Quorum party to come see you, but I didn't know. Sorry! Colony says she thinks it is awesome you are blogging from your hospital bed! lol

mr catch said...

He is darling! I hope you are feeling well. Great job!

Becky Seymour said...

so cute! Call me if you need anything! I will gladly bring you anything, watch your kids, FOR REAL!! Please relax...he is darling, darling, darling!

keri said...

I won't forget you. I wanted to come see the cutie but I have had an awful case of the flu this weekend and didn't want to pass any germs. He looks like he fits right in.

Jeannetta said...

What a great story! I love your baby's name, how it is a companion and the place. Perfect!
Thanks for visiting my blog too :)