Friday, February 20, 2009

A day of birdwatching...


Today we had a field trip out west of Cedar Mountain. The bald eagles migrate through there and we wanted to see them. We only saw a half or dozen or so since we are a little late this year I guess. The last one we saw was HUGE--probably 3 feet tall and it was tearing something apart and eating it. Probably a squirrel or something--very cool.

Not only did we see the eagles but we saw red tail hawks, sharp shinned hawk (very white an so pretty!!) and a flock of wild turkeys.



The kids also had a chance to play in some snow--a rare treat! (notice the shorts and sandals)

















Emmitt...you're a hoot!!

3 comments:

keri said...

looks like the kids had a great time. Fun fun

Shane and Brandi said...

I wish I could see a bald Eagle up close like that. You should tell Emmitt I think he is crazy!

mr catch said...

Did you really see a flock of wild turkey's? I thought you were referring to the kids! :)