Saturday, December 19, 2009

A year of grocery savings

It has been about a year and a half that I have been serious about saving money on groceries. I have spent less on groceries than I ever imagined I would have. The past 6 months I have focused more on finding deals on fresh food and non-processed food.
This week we went to Smiths to do a little shopping. Albies deals have been a big THUMBS DOWN lately. So sad since I love Albertsons so much more than Smiths. At the bottom of the receipt there is a spot where they print your yearly savings. I was delighted when I read "Savings to date: $1007.38"!! Smiths isn't my main shopping store so I was so thrilled to see that I had saved this much. Granted, I would probably never spend full price for almost anything so I doubt I would ever spent that extra $1000 at Smiths, however it is a nice visual of the effort of saving money.
Happy Frugal Holidays!

4 comments:

keri said...

sThat is awesome Bonita. I always meant to keep track of my savings and never did. I have been disappointed with the sales at Albies as well lets hope they get better.

Shane and Brandi said...

How cool is that? I kept track of one month, but that was it. I hope the sales at Albies gets better as well.

Melissa said...

I think we are all missing the albertsons old sales. Have a great xmas all you all.

Jeannetta said...

That is so cool!! I need to focus on you as my shopping mentor :D