Sunday, September 5, 2010

New pet

A warning....this post is not for the squeamish...Keri/Tara/Grandpa Sutton... you've been warned.

So the boys have found a new pet. No its not the many frogs that have come out lately or even a cute little snake. Nope. Guess again.



I tried to figure out what kind of spider it is, but I can only take looking at so many up close pictures of spiders. I feel all creepy crawly just thinking about it. I think it is just a basic garden spider. They eat lots of bugs (see the video below) and are not poisonous to humans.

Not only are the boys watching this new spider everyday, they have started to assist in the bug catching.





Our life is so exciting!!!

6 comments:

katydid said...

That gives me the hee-bee-gee-bees. (And I don't even know if that's a word.) EWWWWWW

Shane and Brandi said...

I think it is a lot better than a cute (did you really use cute?) little snake!

Jeannetta said...

SERIOUS????
My skin is shivering involuntarily!
If I have spider dreams, someone's in trouble! lol

Echolaylee said...

I think that is AWESOME! I love the commentary from your boys in the background. Fun!

Shan Reid said...

My boys have a new pet praying mantis in an old fish aquarium. They planted grass in dirt in the bottom and have been catching butterflies and small grasshoppers for it to eat... I have to admit I find it all a little creepy.

keri said...

Yuck. Sorry boys. I dont' do Spiders.