Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Southern Utah TJed Mom Fall Retreat


The leaves were changing and were so beautiful!


The cabin was amazing!! Its for sale if anyone is interested--only for $1.15 million
Remember a few months ago when I posted about wanting to do a mom retreat? Well, this last weekend was the retreat.

Nikki-one of my favorite people ever!

The cabin had a loft upstairs, bedrooms downstairs and a fabulous kitchen. We couldn't have asked for a nicer place.
Organizing the retreat was a lot of fun (since I got to plan it with my sister!) but it was an insane amount of work. I think I was unprepared for the amount of work that transpired. I haven't decided if I will plan one for next year, but if I do, this year was a good prep year for it..lol..

There was a lot of food! It was all good!
When I started this whole thing I really felt that it was a "saygobedo." --A say-go-be-do is that little voice that you hear in your head and you immediately follow it. You either say it, go to it, be it, or do it. It is a powerful concept that can truly change your life. In my religion-LDS- it is often called following the spirit.


The sunrise was so peace
ful. I couldn't get enough of it!

Sometimes I get so wrapped up in "following the spirit" and questioning whether or not it is the spirit. I think saygobedo has taken the pressure of making sure it is the spirit etc, and I just do it. This entire process was FULL of saygobedo.

Visiting at night.

The famed Chris Bowler came and gave us a personal concert. Wow! What talent!

Sunrise with Amy and Misty.-two angels of mine! Thanks girls for all of your help!
The presenters were amazing! Diann and Jodi presented an entire evening about fulfilling our mission in life. We did a vision walk about missions and explored what finding our mission looks like. It was a transformational experience. At one time Diann was talking about that conformational feeling that you will get, and immediately the thought came to me that I had experienced this the day before at the day of RAINN. This was very nerve wracking to me. The feelings that I went through on RAINN day were very difficult. I felt great and very empowered, that afterwords I found myself questioning myself if I would really be able to do it again. Could I really speak with such boldness again???? This confirmation that I felt at the retreat I had to write down right away, because I don't think I would be able to believe myself later about it.


That night I had the pleasure with talking to so many phenomenal women. Women whose lives were so interesting. They are very powerful women who have the power to change the world. --many of them already are!


BrYan and Nikki
We discussed the book Little Men. It was one of the best colloquiums that I have ever participated in. The depth of that book is unmeasurable! As one of the ladies said...."Dr.Demille just copied this book and called it TJEd!" Although he didn't, you can certainly see examples of almost every principle and step that is discussed in his book.


Wonder woman even paid us a visit. I don't think anyone will forget that!

Shaunna Dunn as Wonder Woman. You were so awesome Shaunna!!

-- my husband is SO jealous!


We were guided through scholar phase with Amy and Kami Mitchell again helped me become a better person.

Amy presenting about scholar phase.

We also ate pretty well too..lol...

I am so blessed to have had this experience. The adversary was certainly working against me. Several times the past couple of months I almost cancelled for one reason or another. I kept going back to that moment of saygobedo and how I had decided to do it, so I just kept pressing forward.

Jo Deann and Mari

One of the obvious moments of saygobedo was with dinner. Katy was bringing the rice, she had car trouble and was arriving late. (my van also had problems and we ended up having someone drive me up too!) So, that morning when I was packing up I had the distinct impression that I needed to bring rice. I immediately said to myself that Katy was bringing it and so I didn't need to worry about it. Not only that, I only had brown rice and not everyone likes brown rice (although it is delicious!) So I didn't bring it. So, when it became obvious that Katy was running late and we would need to buy rice, we ended up paying $3 for a pound of rice.--we needed 4 pounds. Yikes! What was funny was one gal admitted that she told us that she felt that she needed to bring rice. Then later that night another gal said that she also felt she should have brought rice. Although the rice was not a big deal, it was just an example to me that the Lord was watching over us and wanted this retreat to go well.

Thank you everyone for coming! I wanted to help my TJEd community and ended up changing myself.

Love you Katy!--next time we need mom and Anna there!

2 comments:

Shane and Brandi said...

What a fun getaway! To have your sister there with you was probably half the fun! Glad it all worked out.

mr catch said...

What else can I say? It was amazing! Thank you so much!

Love, Connie