Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Something fun in the mail!

In December Cory took his last final at Dixie State College. He turned in his last paper in, had one last argument with his professors, and drove away. It doesn't seem that long ago that he finished his associates degree, but at the same time it has seemed like FOREVER ago when he started. I have loved watching Cory learn and grow at school. He would question his professors and write papers about unconventional topics. When he questioned the righteousness public school system in a debate class my heart soared with pride!! Of course he had to defend the public schools and that was eye opening as well..lol.. When he did an observation in our local commonwealth (not a public school by the way...) it became obvious that his professor did not have the same point of view with Cory. I loved being there as Cory discovered what he believed from his professors and what he did not. How he would study in depth on a topic that would come up even though there was no paper due or assignment about the specific topic. I love how he would analyze the different points of views taught and loved a great discussion in class and with fellow classmates. I loved it that, even when he was a senior, he would still ask me to check over his papers. I only have an associates and he was studying things way out of my league.

Cory received his bachelor's degree in the mail and I drove it up to him at work. He worked so hard for it!! He earned about an overall 3.87 GPA (might be a little higher..I don't remember...) and was the student of the semester.

Way to go hun!!! I am so thrilled for your success in school!! To think, 5 years ago you were overwhelmed in math class and nervous to turn in your first paper. Now you have aced statistics, algebra, and turned in who knows how many hundreds of pages of papers.

What a great adventure this has been!! I am so excited for the next one!! Love you!

No comments: