Tuesday, March 22, 2011

THIS AND THAT

Yes you guessed it!! It is time to play blog-catch-up-with-a-modge-podge-of-pictures!!!! Hooray!!

Silly Ben on a car ride with his dad and Grandpa Sutton. He loves being silly!!

This past weekend Cory, Luke and myself went to the TJED forum. I LOVE going to it each year. As one who teaches at home, I love attending and being around people who do the same thing. It is very empowering for me. I loved catching up with friends that I hadn't seen in a while and I loved soaking in the knowledge that was given. My favorite classes were about how to teach history and then another one about physics and science. Very cool stuff!!

The opening speaker was the CEO of the Arbinger institute. If you haven't ever read their books, I HIGHLY recommend all of them. (Their website has many articles that are available for free to download and read.) We arrived nice and early so we could sit in the front. It was so worth it! I had heard the principles taught before, but after a while, I started receiving some nice personal insights.


These are the kids that we were able to hang out with! Nate, Luke and Emma were a blast! Emma drove up with us and Nate joined us there.

Cory, Luke and myself gave a presentation to the love of learner's center. We did all sorts of fun science things with a balloon. Luke did his famous display of putting a balloon in fire without having it pop, and stabbing a skewer inside a balloon without it popping. I did some static electricity experiments with a soda can and made all of their hair (and mine) stand on end. Then Cory stood on top of a bunch of balloons without them popping. The kids were SO attentive! Most kids start losing their interest after about 10-15 minutes, but these kids were focused and engaged for the full hour we were there. I was so impressed!!



This is before we started, they were a little excited. There was a lot of energy in that room!

This is the day after we got home. I love this picture! Mark LOVES his Dad and runs up to him whenever Dad comes home.


Spring is here!!! I love spring!! I don't like the allergies that my kids and that Cory gets. It almost wipes them out!


This is in Toquerville. We were driving down the road with I snapped the picture. I really like how it turned out.

This is my plum tree. Thankfully when it snowed the other day I didn't loose my blossoms! I was SO worried!

This concludes this edition of blog-whatever-you-want!!!
Have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

Nate and Sum said...

I love "blog whatever you want" days. They turn out to be the best posts. I am glad you enjoyed yourself at your training.

Betsy Fox said...

It was great to see you at the Forum. My sister-in-law is from Toquerville.

Kendra said...

I like the book... oooh what's the title.... the one about being "in the box or out of the box"... by the arbinger institute. Fun post and pretty pics =)

Shane and Brandi said...

Wow, I am a great friend. I just saw that I missed your birthday. :( Sorry! I love reading your blog! Lately I just feel like I can't keep up with everything.