Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WHAT?!?!...AGAIN?!?!

This story feels like deja-vo. A car accident and then surgery. Where have I experienced this before?! Wait..in the middle of February? I've definitely heard this story before.
A refresher of last year..
Last February I was in a car accident that left me with two broken feet. I was unable to walk for 2 months and then I had boots on for another 6 weeks. It was not fun. At. All. The accident was on Sunday and the following Monday and Tuesday I was in surgery. I wasn't even released from the hospital until Thursday! It was a long week.

Earlier this month my foot doctor told me that he was unable to help my left foot until we removed the plates that were put there to replace my bones. Now that the bones have grown back the plates are no longer necessary.  the pain in my left foot had been increasing and I found myself using a lot of over the counter pain meds. Not fun! Surgery was scheduled for February 22. Last year, my surgeries were on Feb 20th and the 21st!

 Cory and I set up a plan to make things the easiest for me after the surgery. I made a meal list, chore list and all the things I wanted to get done before I was unable to. I was doing all of this and then my little boys and I headed to Costco to get the groceries. Well..I was driving down the street and approaching an intersection. A car in oncoming traffic was at that intersection and decided to turn and cross in front of me. Well..I braked as hard as I could but alas, we hit. I really do not like the smell of air bags. My car was totaled. Thankfully my boys were ok. I  needed some x-rays on my hand but it turned out everything was ok. It was a long few days being in a hand brace and a foot boot!

Surgery was still a go for the next day. We arrived bright and early and everything went pretty smoothly.  They even sent the plates and screws home with me!!--I think a necklace of some-sort will be in the works with them! They left the pins in since they were so deep.

I went in a few days later and had the stitches checked. Everything looks great! They even used the SAME scar! NICE! --now for some feet pictures. Oh yeah!



 I think next February I will be staying home.

1 comment:

joyce said...

Oh Bonita! I'm so sorry but you are so awesome and I'm glad nothing broke this time. Happy recovery and I hope your feet feel better after this.