Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Arches




On our last dayof vacation, on our way home, we drove through Arches National Park . I have always wanted to SEE Delicate Arch. I know my license plate has a picture of it on it but I wanted to see it. I did not know what I was in for!

There are three levels of hikes easy, moderate, and long/strenuous. Delicate Arch is in the last category.
Luke and James at the top of the mountain side.

Once again I was relieved to go Ben's speed--who hiked the entire 3 miles! I am not a hiker. My husband loves it. He was carrying the baby in the carrier and was still doing circles around me. Not only that but JAMES RAN THE ENTIRE HIKE! He ran to each rock marker and would sit down and wait for us..."Hurry up Mom!" He did great! After he ran up the mountain he still ran back down afterwards. I could not believe his energy! Luke could have kept up with James no doubt, but he can be Ben's security blanket at times, so Ben would not let him go very far away. Also, no joke, about 20 minutes into our hike we watched an entire group of 30 or so senior citizens arrive at the park, catch up to us and then pass us. They all cheered for us when we arrived at the arch. I cheered too! The hike is straight up. But I did it! And now my boys have SEEN the arch.

Our vacation was the best thing for our family. My boys were SO GOOD! We had minimal arguments and they were so obedient. I am so blessed to have such a great family to make such awesome memories with.


Cory, Luke and James trying not to get blown away! It was so windy!



We made it!



At the top, that arrow is pointing to the parking lot!


1 comment:

Nate and Sum said...

Bonita this is like Nathan's dream vacation. I'm going to have to get with you soon to get all the details. Way to hike the Arches!