Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas cracker houses

Hmm...that title just doesn't seem right....

Every year at Christmas time we feel the need to eat tons of candy so we tend to create traditions around that need. Hence, we decorate "Christmas houses."

Yes, we have graham crackers, frosting and lots of candy. We stick them all together and try to make it look in the fashion of a house.

Then we eat them...the houses not the kids.

This was Mark's real atempt at structuring a house. It wasn't to bad for a three year old. But as soon as he realized that he was able to keep the candy that was on his plate and/or crackers, it became a pile on the candy session for him.
Ben was so serious about it. He wanted it to look great!!
Luke is now a pro at the cracker stacking. I think he likes to show off his artsy side of him with these sculptures of candy.
James also is very proficient in getting the most square footage for complete candy coverage.
He totally knows what this is all about.  "But I just want to eat it already!!!"

 


Cory says he's not very artsy. This is proof that he is LYING! It was amazing!
Bravo Luke! Bravo!! >insert padded opera clap<
James was ready to eat whatever he could get in his mouth. The light photo bombing his picture has become very common since he has grown 4 inches since August!! Seriously!

Fantastic attempt Mark! I'll just squish your cute, dimpled cheeks and call it good. muah!
Ben worked on his house right up until bedtime. He wins the award for getting the more candy on his house. It was amazing. And it was eaten in less then 12 hours. And people say my kids don't have any initiative! Ha!
My modest abode. The cinnamon bears were delicious, but, strangely the rest of my sugar slowly disappeared without my help. HHhmmm....
 This is one of my favorite traditions that I look forward to doing for as long as I can. I love it!

No comments: