Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The next step in my journey...

My biggest defining moment was when I was sexually assaulted back in college. I have posted about this several times. I do this not for your benifit..sorry..I do it for my healing journey. For some reason, when I share my story, I feel better. Thats just how I am.

The next part of my journey has begun. Last fall at the RAINN Day at Dixie College I was asked to write my story. Today I was contacted to tell me that my story will be published in a booklet for Victims of Dating Violence. It will be released at a press conference for the public and media. I have been asked to come and participate at it and to answer questions to the press.

I am very excited, thrilled, happy, scared to death, terrified, and amazed to be part of this. I know that it will be a great step in my healing journey. The inside of me feels like great big dragons are flying around in my tummy...enough that it makes me want to puke! In the same thought I am elated and frantic. But mostly content that I have made it this far.

Thank you everyone for all of your love and support with this journey. It is not possible to heal from this without all of you. Thanks everyone!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

You are a beautiful and brave woman. I can't imagine experiencing what you went through, but I do know that through your strength many others will find theirs. I am proud of you and am in awe of the woman you are.

Shane and Brandi said...

Bonita I am amazed by you and the strength you show. You are unbelievably brave to share your story. You will be able to help so many people.

Jeannetta said...

Oh I'm so proud of you! Get a blessing, you'll feel better :)
Sending you hugs from Oregon <3

Betsy Fox said...

Good for you!

grams said...

You deserve this honor. Your grace and courage is amazing to behold. You've set an example for me to follow and I'm grateful to you for it. Hold on to your inner strength, it will get you through those dragons in your stomach!